Let's Play Community Construction Grants
Dr Pepper Snapple & KaBOOM! have teamed up to offer $15,000 grants to be used toward the purchase of playground equipment. Grantees will lead their community through a self-guided planning process, using the $15,000 grant towards the total cost of playground equipment and assembling the playground using the KaBOOM! community-build model. Grantees have up to one year to build the playground and will have the support of a remote KaBOOM! Grants Manager and an onsite Certified Playground Installer. Learn more about the community build model in our Build a Playground Toolkit.
Apply today! Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year so be sure to submit an application pro-actively.
Applications will be reviewed when complete. If eligible, all applicants will be contacted by email of eligibility and instructions for next steps.
There will be three funding rounds throughout the year. The deadlines for Parts I & II of the application are:
- Round 1: January 19
- Round 2: May 4
- Round 3: September 4
Applicants with fully submitted applications will be notified of their status two months after each of the above application deadlines.
Municipalities, schools, and child-serving nonprofit organizations without a playground or with existing equipment that is unsafe for children are eligible for this opportunity.
- Own land or have permission to build
- Spend spend $24,000 to $50,000 on playground equipment (not including surfacing, site prep, freight, contractor fees, benches, and other non-playground equipment items)
- Work with a KaBOOM! Preferred Vendor (BCI Burke, Landscape Structures, Playworld Systems or Miracle Recreation)
- Use the KaBOOM! community-build model to plan and build the playground
- Finish project within 12 months of award
- Serve a low-income population
- Demonstrate a strong need for a new playspace in the community
If you have any other questions about the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Community Construction Grant" in the subject line.