$20,000 Let's Play Video Contest Grant
Opens April 3, 2017
KaBOOM! and Dr Pepper Snapple Group have partnered to award 5, $20,000 Let's Play Video Contest Grants to winners of the online Let's Play Video Contest. Playground grants will be awarded to qualifying U.S.-based organizations for the purchase of new playground equipment that will be built using the KaBOOM! community-build model.
Contest opens April 3, 2017. Stay tuned for contest guidelines and sign up for Grant Notifications to receive a reminder for when to apply!
Let's Play Community Construction Grants
Dr Pepper Snapple & KaBOOM! have teamed up to offer $15,000 grants to be used toward the purchase of playground equipment. Grantees will lead their community through a self-guided planning process, using the $15,000 grant towards the total cost of playground equipment and assembling the playground using the KaBOOM! community-build model. Grantees have up to one year to build the playground and will have the support of a remote KaBOOM! Grants Manager and an onsite Certified Playground Installer. Learn more about the community build model in our Build a Playground Toolkit.
- Apply today! Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year so be sure to submit an application pro-actively.
- Applications will be reviewed when complete. If eligible, all applicants will be contacted by email of eligibility and instructions for next steps.
- Funding Application Deadlines
- Cycle 1: February 17
- Cycle 2: April 28
- Cycle 3: August 4
Applicants with fully submitted applications will be notified of their status two (2) months after each funding application cycle deadline.
Municipalities, schools, and child-serving nonprofit organizations without a playground or with existing equipment that is unsafe for children are eligible for this opportunity.
- Own land or have permission to build
- Spend $24,000 to $40,000 on playground equipment (not including surfacing, site prep, freight, contractor fees, benches, and other non-playground equipment items)
- Work with a KaBOOM! Preferred Vendor (BCI Burke, Landscape Structures, Playworld Systems or Miracle Recreation)
- Use the KaBOOM! community-build model to plan and build the playground
- Finish project within 12 months of award
- Serve a low-income population
- Demonstrate a strong need for a new playspace in the community
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any other questions about the application process, please email email@example.com with "Community Construction Grant" in the subject line.