NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S."), AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of KaBOOM!, Inc. ("Sponsor"), employees, officers and directors of Dr Pepper Snapple Group, members of the KaBOOM! Preferred Vendor Program, their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, "Entities") are not eligible. Subject to all applicable local, state, and federal laws. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The KaBOOM! Let's Play Upgrade Your Play Video Contest (the "Contest") entry period begins at 12:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on Monday, April 2, 2018 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on Friday, May 11, 2018. Visit apply.kaboom.org to sign up to apply for the contest. To enter, upload a video link that is between 1 and 2 minutes in length to the Let's Play Upgrade Your Play Video Contest application and submit so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 11:59 PM ET on Friday, May 11, 2018. Videos must be no longer than 2 minutes in length. Any video longer than 2 minutes will be ineligible and will not be considered. Note that as part of your entry, entrants must also complete an official online application including all supplemental materials by Friday, May 11, 2018. The video entry should demonstrate need for a playground and importance of having a place to play.
In addition, to be eligible, each video entry must meet the following criteria:
- By uploading a video, entrant warrants that he/she is the sole author and copyright owner of the entry or has the permission (via license or otherwise) to use or incorporate those entry portions authored or owned by third parties;
- All participants in the video must understand and agree that the video will be shared publicly via social media and other online platforms. All children in the video must have permission from their parents or legal guardians.
- The video must not contain brand names or trademarks other than that of your organization. This includes any branded apparel, such as hats or t shirts, with company names or logos on them;
- Videos may not have been entered into any other contest or won any other award;
- The video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The video must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation; and
- The video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the video is created.
3. PRIZE/WINNER SELECTION: On Monday, June 11, 2018 representatives of the Sponsor will reveal ten Video Contest finalists to a panel consisting of members from both the Sponsor and Dr Pepper Snapple Group. The panel of judges will evaluate each submission and select the five entries exclusively based on the following criteria: submission's appropriateness to theme, the originality and creativity of the submission, the quality and presentation of the submission, ability to complete the playground project according to stated requirements, location of the playground project, and the demonstrated need for a new playground. The five videos selected by the panel of judges will be eligible to win the prizes. Winners will be officially notified on Monday, June 25, 2018.
Prizes: Five $20,000 "grants" toward the purchase of playground equipment. The $20,000 "grants" consist of the following:
- $13,000 grant from KaBOOM!
- $7,000 grant from a KaBOOM! Preferred Vendor
To be eligible to receive the grants, winners must choose one of the KaBOOM! Preferred Vendors (kaboom.org/vendors) for the promotion and must build their new playground with the chosen vendor no later than Tuesday, June 25, 2019. "Qualifying Equipment Orders" must meet the standards of the KaBOOM! Preferred Vendor as chosen by the winner. In order to qualify, projects will need to purchase a minimum of $24,000 in playground equipment. Playground projects not completed by Tuesday, June 25, 2019 will forfeit the grant in its entirety.
The winner will be notified by phone, email and/or overnight courier at Sponsor's sole discretion, and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in notification letter, or an alternate winner may be selected. If the winner is 18 years or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in his or her state of residence, the prize will either be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian, or a parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of the winner. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible entries.
No substitutions for the prize or any of its elements shall apply, except at the election of Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability. In such a case, a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. The prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In the event that any prize component is unavailable for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's obligation to the winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the prize package will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
4. GENERAL: Taxes on the prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize and not specified are the sole responsibility of the winner. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this promotion; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, any violation of these rules by them, and use or misuse of a prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and if a winner; and [c] automatically confers on Sponsor and Entities an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid-up, assignable license to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, city and state address, and to use, reproduce, display, modify, and create derivative works of all or any portion of the video entry for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including, without limitation, on air and within www.kaboom.org in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, illegible, garbled, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or non-delivered, for any reason or any error, including human error, will not be eligible. Forged entries, altered entries or entries obtained other than as set out in these rules will be void and ineligible. Sponsor and the Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including, without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error that may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or [d] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion or submission to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or conduct of the promotion, in which case prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or cash redemption. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Internet entry must be made by the entrant only at the authorized website address of apply.kaboom.org. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the prohibited methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules, or if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices (including entering a submission that is not the entrant's own original creation) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor's representatives. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if not capable of completion or running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
6. WINNER LIST: Winners will be posted at kaboom.org website, KaBOOM! social media sites, as well as Let's Play website, social media sites and affiliates.
Sponsor: KaBOOM!, Inc., 4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite ML-1, Washington, DC 20008.
©2018 KaBOOM!, Inc. All rights reserved.