Whether due to reduced time for recess, to increased screen time, or simply not having safe parks or playgrounds to visit, kids are losing out every day on the balanced and active play they need to thrive.
Through its Let's Play initiative, Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) has partnered with KaBOOM! to help provide kids and families with the tools, places and inspiration to make active play a daily priority. Together, we're awarding five (5) $20,000 playground equipment grants to communities through the Let's Play Upgrade Your Play video contest to get more kids playing, and we need your help!
Create a short video (in English, Spanish or both) that tells others who you are, why having a place to play is important for your kids and why your community needs a new playground. Your video should be creative and playful, and inspire others to share your message!
The deadline to submit a video was May 11. See the official rules for full details.
Your video should
- Introduce us to the kids in your community.
- Show us why your community needs a new playground.
- Demonstrate how and where kids are currently playing in the community.
- Incorporate the voices and ideas of kids, parents and other caring adults in your community who are making it easier for kids to play.
- Encourage more kids and families to get out and play!
- Videos must be no more than two minutes in length.
How to enter
- Check out the Official Rules, Contest FAQs, and Contest Tips to ensure you have all the right information and tools necessary to enter. The deadline to apply was May 11.
- Create your video.
- Head over to apply.kaboom.org to submit your video link and complete an application. Only videos submitted with a complete application can be considered so start your application early! When applying, be sure to select the 'Let's Play Video Contest' option. Application closes May 11, 2018!
How to win
An internal panel of judges will determine the 5 winners based on video content, quality, creativity and demonstrated need. Winners will be notified on June 25, 2018.
Meet last year's winners