As a leading member of the planning committee, you'll play a key role in making sure that the playspace site is safe for community enjoyment - before, during, and after the build process. You'll also educate current and future playspace users on using the playspace properly, preventing common injuries, and maintaining the equipment in good condition. Safe, active play is an essential ingredient of a happy childhood, and your work will make it happen!
Your specific tasks include:
- Designing a curriculum of safety materials for the children who will use the playspace.
- Creating and implementing a safety plan for Build Day(s), including the assignment of skilled volunteers, unskilled volunteers and children.
- Enforcing safety rules on Build Day(s).
- Securing a first-aid provider for the build.
- Creating a playspace maintenance plan/safety inspection schedule.
- Establishing an evacuation plan for Build Day(s).