How do you qualify to be named a Playful City USA community?
What is your city or town doing to keep kids, families and communities active, playing and healthy? We’re looking for communities that demonstrate a strong commitment to the cause of play with a defined a vision and action plan in collaboration with local partners to promote play opportunities. Whether you’re creating policies or developing programs, if your community is working hard to make play a priority, then you might have what it takes to be recognized as a Playful City USA community.
What are the selection criteria for Playful City USA designation?
To be honored as a Playful City USA designation, we’re looking for communities that:
- Demonstrate significant collaboration among nonprofit partners, foundations, municipal agencies, the business community, and local civic groups
- Exhibit Mayoral or local governmental leadership on the cause of play
- Express the ability and commitment to use data to address inequality through infrastructure investment, policy change and programming as demonstrated in their action plans
Benefits of Playful City USA designation
- Two Playful City USA highway road signs
- Marketing activation kit that includes press releases, a social media plan, and marketing materials to support national recognition and increase awareness
- Webinars and networking events for city leaders to share and learn about innovative solutions for play
- Exclusive access to Policy Map, an online tool that enables cities to leverage up-to-date city data that can be used in combination with KaBOOM! playspace mapping data
- Access to grants offered by KaBOOM! that support increasing opportunities for play Increased stature and competitive advantage for state and national grant opportunities