NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. INTERNET & VALID EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("U.S."), AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to child serving nonprofit community organizations, municipalities and public schools in the Gulf Coast area of the United States that were impacted by Hurricane Katrina in 2005 (LA, MS, AL). Employees, officers and directors of KaBOOM!, Inc. ("Sponsor"), employees, officers and directors of The CarMax Foundation, their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors (collectively, "Entities") are not eligible. Subject to all applicable local, state, and federal laws. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The KaBOOM! Operation Playground Voting Contest begins at 12:00 PM Eastern Time ("ET") on Wednesday, June 17, 2015, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday, July 1, 2015. Visit kaboom.org/operation_playground to apply for the contest. To enter, submit the application for the Operation Playground Voting Contest so that it is received by Sponsor's server by 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday, July 1, 2015.
3. PRIZE/WINNER SELECTION: On July 7, 2015, an internal panel of judges will determine five finalists each for Rigamajig and Imagination Playground™, based on the submitted application, demonstrated need and the capacity to receive the prize. The finalists will move to two separate public votes to determine the winner of the Rigamajig and Imagination Playground™. Visitors to kaboom.org will be allowed to vote for the community organization of their choice once during the voting period, which will begin on Wednesday, July 8, at 12:00 PM ET and close on Friday, July 24, 2015 at 11:59 AM ET. The community organizations that receive the most votes in each contest will be eligible to win the prizes. Winners will be officially notified on August 7, 2015.
Prizes: A Rigamajig or Imagination Playground™ from KaBOOM! and The CarMax Foundation.
Rigamajig: is a collection of wooden planks, wheels, pulleys, nuts, bolts and rope that enable children to follow their curiosity while playing. There are no wrong answers, and while the pieces can come together as a crane used to convey buckets or materials, they can also become a giraffe, monster, robot, airplane or just a "thingy."
Imagination Playground™: Imagination Playground™ is an innovative design in play equipment that encourages creativity, communication, and collaboration in play. With a collection of custom-designed, oversized blue foam parts, Imagination Playground™ provides a changing array of elements that allow children to turn their playground into a space constantly built and re-built by their imagination.
The winner will be notified by phone, email and/or overnight courier at Sponsor's sole discretion, and will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and (where legal) a publicity release, which must be returned within the time period specified in notification letter, or an alternate winner may be selected. If the winner is 18 years or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in his or her state of residence, the prize will either be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian, or a parent or legal guardian must ratify and sign any and all documents required of the winner. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible entries.
No substitutions for the prize or any of its elements shall apply, except at the election of Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability. In such a case, a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. The prize is not transferable, assignable, or redeemable for cash. Sponsor is responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. In the event that any prize component is unavailable for any reason, the remaining elements of the prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor's obligation to the winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. Any unclaimed and/or unused portion of the prize package will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
4. GENERAL: Taxes on the prize and all expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize and not specified are the sole responsibility of the winner. By participating, entrants agree [a] to these rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects relating to this promotion; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and Entities from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, any violation of these rules by them, and use or misuse of a prize, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage; and [c] if a winner, such entrant's participation automatically confers on Sponsor and Entities an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, fully paid-up, assignable license to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, voice likeness, city and state address, and to use, reproduce, display, modify, and create derivative works of all or any portion of the video entry for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including, without limitation, on air and within www.kaboom.org in perpetuity, without further notice or compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) and agree to execute specific consent to such use upon request. Entries that are incomplete, incorrect, illegible, garbled, misdirected, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or non-delivered, for any reason or any error, including human error, will not be eligible. Forged entries, altered entries or entries obtained other than as set out in these rules will be void and ineligible. Sponsor and the Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for [a] electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including, without limitation, server malfunction or by any human error that may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] late, lost, misdirected or incomplete entries or postage-due mail; or [d] any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Sponsor that may cause the promotion or submission to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof should virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or conduct of the promotion, in which case prizes will be awarded via a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. Entry information becomes property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or cash redemption. CAUTION: ANYATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries may not be made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other Internet website or e-mail address, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering service sites. Any winner who enters by any of the prohibited methods described above will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time in the event it is determined that the entrant has not complied with these Official Rules, or if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair practices (including entering a submission that is not the entrant's own original creation) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor's representatives. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest if not capable of completion or running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort.
6. WINNER LIST: Winners will be posted at kaboom.org and on KaBOOM! social media sites.
Sponsor: KaBOOM!, Inc., 4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite ML-1, Washington, DC 20008.
©2015 KaBOOM!, Inc. All rights reserved.