Through its Let's Play initiative, Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) has partnered with KaBOOM! to help provide kids and families with the tools, places and inspiration to make active play a daily priority. Together, we’re awarding five (5) $20,000 playground equipment grants to communities through the Let’s Play Dream Playground Contest to get more kids playing. We need your help to make kids' dreams of having great new places to play a reality!
Whether due to reduced time for recess, to increased screen time, or simply not having safe parks or playgrounds to visit, kids are losing out every day on the balanced and active play they need to thrive.
The contest ends this Friday, May 10. Enter for a chance to receive a $20,000 equipment grant!
Create a short video (in English, Spanish or both!) that tells others who you are, why having a place to play is important for your kids and why your community needs a new playground. Your video should be creative and playful, and inspire others to share your message!
Your video should
- Introduce us to the kids in your community
- Show us why your community needs a new playground
- Incorporate the voices and ideas of kids, parents and other caring adults in your community who are making it easier for kids to play
- Show us the playspace kids in your community dream of having
- Encourage more kids and families to get out and play!
Videos must be no more than two minutes in length.
How to enter
- Check out the Official Rules, Contest FAQs, and Contest Tips to ensure you have all the right
information and tools necessary to enter.
- Create your video.
- Head over to apply.kaboom.org to submit your video link and complete an application. Only videos submitted with a complete application can be considered so start your application early! When applying, be sure to select the "Let's Play Dream Playground Contest" option. For a preview of all the questions in the application, download the Let's Play Dream Playground Contest Grant Guide.
Application closes May 10, 2019!
How to win
A blue ribbon panel of judges will determine the 5 winners based on video content, quality, creativity and demonstrated need. Winners will be notified on June 24, 2019.
See the 2018 winners
William Prescott Elementary
Taylors Elementary PTA
Rudolph Matas School PTO
Kilgore Intermediate School
Whitmore Lake Public Schools
Whitmore Lake, MI