Roll up your sleeves and play! Our 2010 Play Day planner has now been officially launched and is eagerly awaiting you.
Host a KaBOOM! Play Day, presented by Mott's, in your neighborhood and be part of a national celebration to save play in the lives of children. Plan your Play Day to take place on any day during the week of September 18 - 26, 2010.
Why host a Play Day? Here are five good reasons:
- Have fun! First and foremost, your Play Day is about adults and kids coming together to have fun and enjoy games, fresh air, and good company.
- Strengthen your community. In our busy lives, it can be hard to make time to spend with your neighbors, parents at your child’s school, or other important communities in your life. Joining forces to organize and participate in a Play Day strengthens community ties.
- Improve your playground. Though not a required component, many Play Days include a service element so that you can leave your park or playground in better condition than it was when you arrived. This can involve planting flowers or trees, building new amenities like benches or picnic tables, painting murals, cleaning up, and much more!
- Get grants. By using the Play Day Planner, you can apply for grants to help fund bigger improvement projects on your playground. Five Play Day grants will be available in 2010: one $10,000 First Place, one $7,500 Second Place and three $2,500 Runner-Ups.
- Advocate for play. Play is on the decline. By participating in this program, you are helping KaBOOM! spread the message that play is vital for America’s children.
It’s not too early to get started! Register your Play Day here.