Idealist just launched a new website, complete with a bold, brand-new vision for changing the world by building a global network of activists and volunteers.
I like the simplicity of how they state the nature of the problem and the keys to the solution. Check it out:
We believe that all over the world people and communities face three common challenges:
- There is often a big gap between our good intentions and our actions.
- Our problems are connected, but we are not.
- The world is full of good ideas that don't spread quickly enough.
What we need, then, is a network, a movement, an ecosystem that will:
- Make it easier for people and organizations to move from intentions to action.
- Connect people, organizations, and resources in every possible way.
- Find good ideas wherever they are, and distribute them as widely as possible.
You can read their big, bold vision here. Hats off to Idealist!