Our Dream Playground
Our new step-by-step project planner offers the money and know-how to make your playground dreams come true.
Tools and Resources
Get funding, learn the nuts and bolts of building a great place to play, and improve your local playground.
Become a Community Partner
Build a great place to play for your community with the help of your neighbors, friends, KaBOOM! and our Funding Partners.
Save Play in Your Community
Get tips, ideas, and inspiration for making your community more playful.
Playful City USA
Our Playful City USA program recognizes cities and towns that embrace play as a priority.
Our collection of books will inspire you to bring more play to your family, neighborhood, and community at large.
What We Do
KaBOOM! is a national nonprofit dedicated to saving play for America’s children.
Who We Are
We are peppy, purple-adorned people who passionately promote the power of play!
Partner With Us
Our partners help us to create new playgrounds and to spread the word about the importance of PLAY.
AMERICA'S MOST PLAYFUL FAMILY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: America's Most Playful Family Contest ("Contest") is open to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is greater, and who are members of a family and who reside in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, The Virgin Islands and other United States territories) (an "Entrant"). The Entrant must be the parent or legal guardian of at least one (1) minor child (under the age of 18) who is living with Entrant at the time of entry. For purposes of this Contest, a "family" means at least one parent/legal guardian together with at least one minor child/legal ward (under the age of 18) of that parent/guardian residing in the same private household, residence or living quarters for at least three (3) months of the year for the most recently past year, as well as other persons included in the Contest Entry and/or Video (as defined in Section 2 herein) in accordance with these Official Rules. Employees, officers and directors of KaBOOM!, Inc. ("KaBOOM!" or "Sponsor"), Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, as well as advertising agencies, promotional suppliers (collectively, "Contest Entities"), and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors, and members are not eligible. Subject to all applicable local, state, and federal laws. Void where prohibited.
2. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: The Contest provides an opportunity for Entrants to answer a brief questionnaire about their family life and associated play time and the importance of being active and playful as a family and in the community. Each Entrant will also submit two (2) photos of his or her family: one showing the family at play and one posed family photo. The completed questionnaire and photos together constitute a "Contest Entry." The Contest Entries will be judged by representatives of the Sponsor to determine up to fifty (50) semi-finalists (each a "Semi-Finalist"). Each Semi-Finalist will create a video showing his or her family at play (the "Video"), which will be judged to determine fourteen (14) Contest finalists (each, a "Finalist" or "winner").
3. CONTEST TIMING: The Contest begins on January 28, 2014, and ends on May 18, 2014.
- The entry submission period will begin at 12:01 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on January 28, 2014, and ends at 11:59 PM ET on March 16, 2014 (the "Entry Submission Period").
- Judging/determination of Semi-Finalists will take place on or about March 17, 2014, through March 21, 2014.
- Semi-Finalists will be notified on or about March 27 and March 28, 2014.
- Semi-Finalists' Video submissions will be due on April 21, 2014.
- Semi-Finalist Video review and judging will take place from May 1, 2014, through May 9, 2014, to determine the fourteen (14) Finalists
- Finalist Video review and judging will take place the week of May 12, 2014.
- Winner notification and verification will take place the week of May 19, 2014.
- Contest winners will be announced on or about May 27, 2014.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Visit KaBOOM.org during the Entry Submission Period to access the Contest entry page. Complete the online entry questionnaire, which will consist of three (3) questions with a 1,000-character limit per question and a fourth question with a 140-character limit, and provide your name, address, email address, and telephone number. Then, upload two (2) photos, as directed. One photo should show your family at play and the other should be a posed photo of your family. Submit your Contest Entry so that it is received by Sponsor's server by the close of the Entry Submission Period. Refer to Sections 5, 6 and 7 for more details regarding the requirements for your Contest Entry. Limit one (1) entry per person. Duplicate entries will be void; incomplete entries will be disqualified. Any entry using of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or similar entry methods will be void.
5. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Questionnaires must be answered in English and must not exceed any character limits noted in the questionnaire. Photos may be color or black and white, and must be submitted in .jpeg, .gif, or .png format. Contest Entries may not contain any copyrighted elements other than elements owned by the Entrant or by Sponsor. Any elements that appear in a Contest Entry, including, without limitation, logos, images, or other materials used, must be either: [a] entirely original, created by the Entrant; or [b] property of the Sponsor; or [c] in the public domain. Use of any other elements will result in disqualification of a Contest Entry, in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Entrants must not engage in any violent, dangerous, or illegal behavior in creating a Contest Entry. Contest Entries must not contain inappropriate content, including but not limited to vulgarity, obscenity, lewd, pornographic or violent material, or materials which promote violence. Contest Entries must not defame or invade the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon or misappropriate an individual's personal or proprietary rights. Contest Entries that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be considered void and will not be considered in the judging of the Contest.
6. ENTRANT'S REPRESENTATIONS: By submitting a Contest Entry or Video, you represent and warrant that [a] you are the creator of the Contest Entry or Video, as applicable, [b] the Contest Entry or Video is wholly original (apart from any allowable public domain or Sponsor-owned elements), [c] the Contest Entry or Video does not infringe, violate or misappropriate the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, [d] the Contest Entry or Video has not previously been entered in any other contest, [e] the Contest Entry or Video has not been previously published or broadcast in any medium, and [f] you own all rights to your Contest Entry or Video (excluding any allowable public domain or Sponsor-owned elements). You must have written consent from all persons appearing in photos and/or videos prior to submitting such photos and/or videos in the Contest. If a person appearing in the photos and/or videos is a minor, you must either be the parent/legal guardian of the minor or have the written consent of the minor's parent/legal guardian to submit the photo and/or video in the Contest. Further, if a submitted photo and/or video was taken by anyone other than you, you represent and warrant that such person(s) have assigned to you in writing all right, title and interest in and to the photo and/or video. By submitting a Contest Entry or Video, you agree to give copies of all such written assignments to the Sponsor upon request. Sponsor's determination as to whether any Contest Entry or Video potentially violates or misappropriates the rights of any third party shall be final. By submitting a Contest Entry or Video, Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees (as defined in Section 15) from any action or liability resulting from the publishing of his/her Contest Entry or Video and/or use of the Contest Entry or Video as otherwise permitted by these Official Rules.
7. RIGHTS TO CONTEST ENTRIES: By submitting a Contest Entry, you grant the Sponsor and its affiliated companies the non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, right and license to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use the Contest Entry or any part thereof (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party. You agree that, upon request by the Sponsor, you will assign the copyright in your Contest Entry and all elements thereof (including any photos or videos) to Sponsor and will provide a digital copy of your Contest Entry in native resolution. By submitting a Contest Entry, you further agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Releasees or any other person or entity, on the grounds that any use of the Contest Entry, or any derivative works, infringes or misappropriates any of your rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, rights of publicity and privacy, and moral rights. You hereby expressly and irrevocably waive any and all moral rights in the Contest Entry, or any element thereof. You further acknowledge that the Sponsor is in no way obligated to broadcast, publish or use your Contest Entry in any way. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and the Sponsor. In no way are you to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify any winning Contest Entry, or any element thereof, in its sole discretion. Upon the request of Sponsor, Entrants shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of sale, transfer and assignment, in a form deemed necessary and as may be solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor's failure to request such an assignment shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to request the assignment at any time, and Entrants agree to comply with any such request.
Notwithstanding any other provision of these Official Rules, if at any time during the Contest, the Sponsor determines in its sole and exclusive discretion that not enough or no eligible Entrants exist from which to determine the winners, then Sponsor may either suspend or terminate the Contest or modify it (or any parts thereof) in any equitable manner that Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole and exclusive discretion, including, without limitation, by not awarding any one or more of the prizes set forth in these Official Rules.
8. ENTRY JUDGING/SEMI-FINALIST SELECTION: All qualified Contest Entries will be preliminarily judged by representatives of the Sponsor, based on the following judging criteria:
- Degree of active play behavior exhibited in questionnaire answers and accompanying photo (25% of score)
- Inspirational value to motivate others families ("Inspirational Value") to engage in active play behavior (25% of total score)
- Uniqueness of family's efforts to make time for play and of their play time activities (25% of total score)
- Sincerity/credibility of questionnaire answers (25% of total score)
In the event of a tie at any level, (including under Section 12 herein) the tie will be broken based on the highest Inspirational Value score. The judges' decisions are final and binding.
The fifty (50) entries that receive the highest cumulative scores will be deemed Semi-Finalist entries and will be invited to participate in the Semi-Finalist round. In the event that an insufficient number of qualified entries is received for the Contest, the judges may choose fewer than fifty (50) Semi-Finalists.
9. SEMI-FINALIST NOTIFICATION:
Each potential Semi-Finalist will be notified by phone and/or email and will be required to complete and return, within two (2) days of receipt, a declaration of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release, and an agreement to participate in the Semi-Finalist round. Inability to contact a potential Semi-Finalist within two (2) days from the first attempted notification and/or the return of any documentation as undeliverable will result in selection of the next highest scoring Entrant. Sponsor will thereafter send each verified Semi-Finalist a video camera as a prize (refer to Section 14 herein), and each Semi-Finalist will be asked to create and film a short Video showing his or her family at play. Each Semi-Finalist will receive complete information from the Sponsor on how to submit his or her Video at the time of Semi-Finalist notification.
10. VIDEO REQUIREMENTS: Videos should be between 60 and 90 seconds in length and should share tips for encouraging family play. Videos may not include any music or personal identification information. Videos must be submitted in English. Audio and video must be clear and audible. If a Video is unable to be viewed by the Sponsor and its agents for any reason whatsoever, that Video shall be disqualified (and Contest Entities will not be responsible or liable for any such inability). Videos may not contain any copyrighted elements other than elements owned by the Semi-Finalist or by Sponsor. Any elements that appear in a Video, including, without limitation, logos, images, or other materials used must be either: [a] entirely original, created by the Semi-Finalist; or [b] property of the Sponsor; or [c] in the public domain. Use of any other elements will result in disqualification of a Video, in the Sponsor's sole discretion. Semi-Finalists must not engage in any violent, dangerous, or illegal behavior in creating a Video. Videos must not contain inappropriate content, including but not limited to vulgarity, obscenity, lewd, pornographic or violent material, or materials which promote violence. Videos must not defame or invade the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon or misappropriate an individual's personal or proprietary rights. Videos that do not include all required information and do not adhere to the foregoing and following requirements, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be considered void and will not be included in the final judging.
Semi-Finalists will be required to obtain written consent from all persons appearing in the Video. If a person appearing in the Video is a minor, the Semi-Finalist must either be the parent/legal guardian of the minor or have the written consent of the minor's parent/legal guardian to submit the Video in the Contest and/or to otherwise use the Video in accordance with the requirements of this Contest, and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of this Contest, and these Official Rules. Failure by Sponsor to request any permission(s) and/or release(s) in connection with a Video is not a waiver of Sponsor's right to require same, and by submitting the Video the Semi-Finalist acknowledges that failure to comply with any such request may cause disqualification. Other than for Semi-Finalist and/or winner notification, neither Sponsor, nor anyone acting on its behalf, will enter into any unsolicited communication with any Semi-Finalist regarding this Contest, nor will Contest Entries be acknowledged or returned.
11. RIGHTS TO VIDEOS: Discs and other physical material submitted in connection with Videos become the property of Sponsor and may not be acknowledged or returned. By submitting a Video, you grant the Sponsor and its affiliated companies the non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, right and license to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use the Video or any part thereof (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party. You agree that, upon request by the Sponsor, you will assign the copyright in your Video and all elements thereof to Sponsor. By submitting a Video, you further agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Releasees or any other person or entity, on the grounds that any use of the Video, or any derivative works, infringes or misappropriates any of your rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, rights of publicity and privacy, and moral rights. You hereby expressly and irrevocably waive any and all moral rights in the Video, or any element thereof. You further acknowledge that the Sponsor is in no way obligated to broadcast, publish or use your Contest Entry in any way. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and the Sponsor. In no way are you to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify any Video, or any element thereof, in its sole discretion. Upon the request of Sponsor, Semi-Finalists shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of sale, transfer and assignment, in a form deemed necessary and as may be solely determined by Sponsor. Sponsor's failure to request such an assignment shall not be deemed a waiver of the right to request the assignment at any time, and Semi-Finalists agree to comply with any such request.
12. VIDEO JUDGING: The panel of judges who determined the Semi-Finalists will judge the Videos based on the following criteria:
- Inspirational Value to engage in active play behavior (40% of score)
- Uniqueness of family's play time activities (40% of score)
- Quality of video content (20%)
The fourteen (14) Videos that receive the highest cumulative scores will be named Finalist Videos. The Finalist Videos will be reviewed by a panel of Honorary Judges selected by the Sponsor who will use the judging criteria above to determine the Grand Prize, Second and Third Prize winners. The Video with the highest cumulative score will win the grand prize package ("Grand Prize Package"); the next three (3) Videos with the highest cumulative scores will win second prizes ("Second Prize"); and the next ten (10) Videos with the highest cumulative scores will win third prizes ("Third Prize) (prize descriptions in Section 14 below). In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined based on the highest Inspirational Value score.
13. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified by email, phone, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor's sole discretion. Inability to contact a potential winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the forfeiture of the prize, and an alternate winner will be selected. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of the prize, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Grand Prize and Second Prize winners will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release which must be returned within time period specified in the notification letter or, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and, if so, an alternate potential winner will be selected.
14. PRIZES: The following prizes will be awarded:
One (1) Grand Prize Package will be awarded. The Grand Prize Package consists of winner's choice of one of the following vacation packages:
A) Disneyland® Resort: One (1) 5 day/4 night vacation package for Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) guests to the Disneyland® Resort ("DLR Resort") in Anaheim, California ("DLR Vacation Package"). The DLR Vacation Package consists of: i.) a voucher for a consecutive four (4) night stay at a DLR Resort hotel or DLR Resort area hotel as selected by Sponsor (one standard room, quadruple occupancy); ii.) Roundtrip coach-class air travel for up to four (4) between a major U.S. gateway airport closest to winner's residence (selected by Sponsor) and a Southern California area airport (selected by Sponsor); however if winner resides within 150 miles of the DLR Resort, ground transportation may, at Sponsor's discretion, be provided to the Grand Prize Winner in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value; iii.) Up to four (4) roundtrip ground transfers between the Southern California area airport and the DLR Resort (ground transfers provided only if winner does not reside within 150 miles of the DLR Resort); and iv.) Up to four (4) 4-day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® tickets (restrictions apply).
B) Walt Disney World® Resort: One (1) 5 day/4 night vacation package for Grand Prize Winner and up to three (3) guests (collectively with the DLR Vacation Package guests, the "Guests") to the Walt Disney World® Resort ("WDW Resort") near Orlando, FL ("WDW Vacation Package" and collectively with DLR Vacation Package, the "Vacation Packages"). The WDW Vacation Package consists of: i.) a consecutive four (4) night stay at a WDW Resort hotel or WDW Resort area hotel as selected by Sponsor (one standard room, quadruple occupancy); ii.) Roundtrip coach-class air travel for up to four (4) between a major U.S. gateway airport closest to winner's residence (selected by Sponsor) and the Orlando International Airport; however if winner resides within 150 miles of the WDW Resort, ground transportation may, at Sponsor's discretion, be provided to the Grand Prize Winner in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value; iii.) Up to four (4) roundtrip ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the WDW Resort (ground transfers provided only if winner does not reside within 150 miles of the WDW Resort); and iv.) Up to four (4) 4-day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper® Option (restrictions apply).
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize is $5,312 for DLR Vacation Package and $5,184 for WDW Vacation Package. All other expenses not specified herein, including, but not limited to, meals, beverages, souvenirs, transportation to/from winner's home and at the destination airport, tips and gratuities, income taxes and insurance (travel and other), are the winner's sole responsibility. Actual value of Grand Prize will depend on point of departure, any airfare fluctuations and seasonal pricing; any difference will not be awarded. GRAND PRIZE WINNER MUST BE ABLE TO COMPLETE THEIR APPLICABLE VACATION PACKAGE BY MAY 31, 2015 OR THE PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED IN ITS ENTIRETY.
The Grand Prize will be awarded solely to the Entrant and not to the Entrant's family. The Grand Prize winner will have the sole right to decide which individuals will accompany him or her on the selected Grand Prize trip. Number of Guests included in the prize package described above is not dependent on the number of family members in the winning Entrant's family.
The Grand Prize winner and his or her Guests must travel together on the same itinerary. Vacation Package fulfillment is subject to availability and certain restrictions and blackout periods may apply. Advanced reservations required. Once accommodations are booked, they cannot be changed by the Grand Prize winner. Park attractions and entertainment are seasonal and subject to change without notice.
Travelers under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian who must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. Vacation Package, Vacation Package components and theme park tickets may not be sold, redeemed for cash, traded, transferred, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. Vacation Package components may not be separated or used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Certain travel restrictions apply. Saturday night stay may be required. Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies (collectively, "Disney") and their respective officers, directors employees and agents shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses injuries, demands, damages, actions, and /or causes of actions which arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the Contest. All disputes arising out of or relating to any portion of the prize related to DLR Resort or WDW Resort shall be resolved by applying the laws of the state of the Grand Prize winner's destination selection, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, California or Orange County, Florida, as applicable. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event include attorneys' fees. Under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
Air carriers, hotels and other transportation will be selected by Sponsor. The Grand Prize winner and Guests will be responsible for all necessary travel authorizations and for any travel insurance. If the Grand Prize winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Grand Prize with fewer than three (3) Guests or no Guests, the prize will be awarded to the Grand Prize winner for use by him or her and each participating Guest, and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. Guests of the Grand Prize winner, or a parent/legal guardian if the Guest is under the age of 18, must complete and return a notarized liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner and his/her Guests represent that they understand that travel, whether by plane, automobile, or other conveyance, or by foot, and in the air, contains some inherent element of risk of accident, illness, injury, loss or death, which may be caused by negligence, forces of nature, or other agencies, known or unknown. The Grand Prize winner and his/her Guests acknowledge that such risks may be present at any time before, during and after the trip. In order to be considered the Grand Prize winner and partake of the enjoyment of this trip, the Grand Prize winner and his/her Guests must be willing to accept the risk, and to confirm their acceptance to such risk in writing at Sponsor's request.
The Grand Prize winner will also have the ability to recommend to KaBOOM! a community group in the Grand Prize winner's state of residence to which KaBOOM! will grant an Imagination Playground valued at approximately $22,000. The Grand Prize winner will not be entitled to any tax gain or benefit on the total value of the donation of the Imagination Playground made by the Sponsor or liable for taxes (if any) imposed on said donation.
Three (3) Second Prizes: each consisting of one (1) small Rigamajig, ARV $2,000. Rigamajig is a set consisting of wooden planks, ropes, pulleys, hooks and pails designed for deeply engaging, open-ended play by families and children. Total ARV of all Second Prizes is $6,000.
Ten (10) Third Prizes: each consisting of two (2) KaBOOM! Go Out and Play Packs, ARV $100. Play Pack consists of a backpack filled with toys and games from the Go Out and Play book. It is the Sponsor's intention that the winner keep one Play Pack and give the other Play Pack to another family. Total ARV of all Third Prizes is $1,000.
Fifty (50) Semi-Finalist Prizes: each consisting of a JVC HD video camera valued at approximately $200. Total ARV of all Semi-Finalist Prizes is $10,000.
One Thousand (1,000) Early Entrant prizes: the first 1,000 Entrants, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will each receive a copy of the Go Out and Play book, ARV $6. Total ARV of all Early Entrant prizes is $6,000
Total ARV of all prizes is $28,310. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution, in whole or in part, except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, safety or security considerations, or any other reason as solely determined by Sponsor in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded.
15. GENERAL: All taxes on prizes and expenses relating to acceptance and use of prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of winners. By participating, Entrants agree: [a] to these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to this Contest; [b] to hereby release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Contest Entities and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (individually and collectively "Releasees") from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property), arising out of or in connection with the Contest or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the Contest or any Contest related activity; [c] that Disney is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of the Contest; and [d] if a winner, to the announcement/use of name, voice, image and/or likeness for trade, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation (unless prohibited by law) by Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor's direction, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval, and agrees to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages. Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [i] telephone, electronic, hardware or software, program, network, Internet or computer malfunction, technical errors or by any human error which may occur, or any error in the processing of entries, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry, or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any information; [ii] failed, incomplete, garbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions, or internet or web site accessibility or availability; [iii] lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible entries or mail; or [iv] any condition caused by events that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof should computer hardware or software malfunctions (such as but not limited to virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures) or any other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, and select the winners from Contest Entries and/or Videos received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate, as solely determined by Sponsor. The Contest and these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to any conflict of law principles thereof. The District of Columbia shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with this Contest or these Official Rules, except as otherwise provided in Section 14.
16. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or technical error or programming error or unauthorized access to the web site. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds: (a) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site; or (b) to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. In case of dispute, entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address used to participate at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE KABOOM.ORG OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
18. WINNER LIST: To receive a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by June 30, 2014, to: America's Most Playful Family Contest Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
SPONSOR: KaBOOM! Inc., 4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite ML-1, Washington, DC 20008.
Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the Contest by such third party.
©2014 KaBOOM! Inc. All rights reserved.